Pixel Grower Pixel Grower

Interesting concept, but not very fun

Essentially, the strategy is to drag the mouse side-to-side until you reach the next level. I got to level 9 and 86,138 pixels before realizing that it would probably take over an hour to get to level 10, at which point I stopped. I could have kept going; I was gaining back any health I lost. I just could not bring myself to do so.

By the way, on level 9, it is hard/impossible to see the falling pixels against light-colored backgrounds. This isn't a big issue, though, as being able to see the pixels has no effect on strategy. You move the mouse left and right, no matter where the pixels are. (Optionally, though, you may move it back and forth over a smaller area when they fall in a thin column).

OCD+ OCD+

This hardly qualifies as a game

The show contestant medal is cheatable (press tab, then hold enter), the pianist can be beaten by copy-pasting (pastebay.com/28024 without the space at the end), the war hero one can be done by leaving your computer on overnight, and the rest require macros. None of them are actually interesting or playable.

Runes of Shalak Runes of Shalak

Really hard, and not in a good way

"Hard" and "fun" don't have to be mutually exclusive. In fact, I've played a number of games that were both. This just wasn't one of them.

Here's why:

1) Poor jumping - jumps are often spaced so that there is around 1-2 pixels of leeway; in other words, if you were 3 pixels from the edge when you jumped, you would die. There should be no jumps like this; find less frustrating ways to make it hard.

2) Odd edge detection - you use Flash's hitTest function for collisions with enemies, meaning that they can hit you even if you don't expect it. They should have to hit a box slightly smaller than you for it to count.
Also, you appear to do collisions with the ground based on four points around the character. This may be the easiest way to do it, and it makes some sense, but you fall past any platform you are more than half-way off of. This is really annoying when there are spikes next to the platform in question.

3) Fast-moving objects that you have to time - the bouncing beams are too hard to dodge. You have to spend a while planning your jump in order not to run into them, which makes levels take much longer than they should.

4) Level 2-8 - this combines all three problems above into one level. You have to dodge two fast-moving beams on your way down, move to the very edge of the platform in preparation for your next jump, jump over the bottom beam as it comes towards you, and, if you fall short, you instantly hit spikes. When you jump across the gap to get a coin, you often don't quite make it and fall into one of the beams because you didn't plan ahead to dodge them because it shouldn't have been necessary to do so. Then you have to make it back to the center without hitting a beam, and then you have to do it again.

5) Level 3-5 - this isn't quite as bad as 2-8 (at least, it didn't take me quite so long), and I can understand wanting to have a really hard final level (I do in my game), but it shouldn't require a perfect run to beat.

6) Respawning time - this should be approximately 0, in a game requiring this many restarts. It should also not require pressing a button that you do not have one of your fingers on during normal play.

Also, I highly suggest looking up "SharedObject" in your help file. It isn't hard to do, and this game needs a save system. This lack of a save file is why I'm missing Clumsy Adventurer; I had to leave the page for one reason or another, and the game didn't save the hazards I'd run into so far.

I'm not saying that it's too hard; I was, after all, able to beat it. What I'm saying is that it's hard for the wrong reasons.

Upgrade Complete! Upgrade Complete!

110% complete?

Good idea, but I found a few glitches. First, I somehow got my progress up to 110% (though it is nice to see that you used >= to check for completion; it's a good habit). Second, I accidentally double-clicked the magnet and ended up with two magnets, one of which was under the magnet button and couldn't be selected.

Also, there should be an option to buy a pause button and upgrade the mute button to a volume slider.