Skyro[Clocktown] Skyro[Clocktown]

Nice job

I can hear bits of Awakening the Evil King in there, and I'd say it fits well.

Reasoner- Final Thoughts Reasoner- Final Thoughts

Uplifting

In my opinion, this song (and especially the sections starting at 1:29 and 3:17) can best be described as "pure happiness."

Oil Drum Alley 2.0 Oil Drum Alley 2.0

DKC has amazing music

Usually, I download video game music because I got to like it while playing the game. However, I don't have any Donkey Kong games, and I've downloaded lots of these remixes.

I'm not sure whether DK has unusually good music or unusually good remixers, but I'd guess it's a combination of the two.

Good remix, by the way.

[CoreKeys] Track One [CoreKeys] Track One

This is excellent for a first submission

I particularly liked the intro, though the rest was enjoyable as well. I don't think I'll download this one, but I will definitely have to keep an eye on your work in the future.

Also, you really should change the title if possible. It doesn't really have to be clever or creative, but the current one is completely useless. The title should be distinctive at least, and telling potential listeners that this is a chiptune would help as well.

SN |Of Stars...| SN SN |Of Stars...| SN

Great, but the vocals are distracting

You did very well with the melody, but the vocals just get in the way. I know they're the reason you made the song, but the melody is much better. They do help between 0:25 and 0:31, but you could do that build up with a different instrument.

If you remade this without the vocals, I would use it.

SessileNomad responds:

i cant understand how the vocals could be distracting, i was really just experimenting with them, i suppose i oculd make a track with a vocal glitch lne that was melodically pleasing, but that would be quite a bit of work

thx for reviewing

SessileNomad

Zelda:ALttP - Dark World Zelda:ALttP - Dark World

Better than the original

I really like the percussion; it really gives the piece a lot of energy. The cymbals are well done, and the drums are amazing.

I wish more songs had drums like this.

SockpuppetRemix responds:

Thanks! =D

Brando - Feeling Trance Final? Brando - Feeling Trance Final?

What's that vocal clip at 1:54?

Argyros used the same one in Heaven of Inspiration (submission 198578, at 1:13). Did they get it from you or did you both get it from somewhere else? Also, what is the person saying exactly?

Dj-Brand0 responds:

The vocal clip's from a vengeance clubsounds pack, alot of people have it I guess they just don't use it.

He's saying 'the beat, the bass and the party is gone.' :D

But yeah, thanks for the review!
Glad you liked it.

-Cheers Brando

Curse Of The Black Pearl Remix Curse Of The Black Pearl Remix

Good, but nothing special

It's a good song, but this remix doesn't have anything special to make it stand out, and it lost some of the epic feeling that the original had.

Correction to the comment below: The title of DJ Tiesto's remix of this song is "He's a Pirate." This song is generally referred to as the Pirates of the Caribbean main theme.

Drawoh responds:

well, the special thing is, well to me it is, I made it with other instruments than the original and I also played it different than the original :P

ande it lost the feeling because it wasn't intended to sound like the original :D

oh, and Thanks for the review :3

Own Little World Own Little World

NICE remix

The chorus is... mesmerizing, in a way. I also like the drumbeat - it's soft but still manages to give the song a catchy beat.

I'd say I prefer this over the original, but that may just be because I prefer the dance/trance feel that you gave it. (I know, the genre is techno, but it seems a lot like trance, too.)

Anxiety Cure - Club (A->N) Anxiety Cure - Club (A->N)

The start is too slow.

You don't even hear the main melody until 1:26, and I wouldn't be surprised if a number of people rated it down and left before getting to the good part.

The song itself is really good. I liked (and downloaded) the original ReonakRhythm version, and I like the A->N version even better. I've been waiting for a while now for you to release it (or a variant like this) on Newgrounds.

ApproachingNirvana responds:

Thanks for the review! The start is slow because it's a club mix. So when it would be played in clubs, you wouldn't hear the first 30 secs to a minute because the DJs are busy beatmatching and mixing in the song. So, while we understand that the start is a bit boring, we meant to do it that way.

The full song (original edit without drawn out intro) is available to listen to on our myspace and on lastfm. It's also available for download on major digital distribution sites (itunes/amazon/napster/rhapsode/emusi c). Also, the HQ version of this will eventually be made available on a club EP. So definitely check that out!

Thanks again for the review!